The Body Solid EXM-1500S has been receiving excellent feedback for years now, fitness experts recommend it and customers dig it, but is at all what it is cracked up to be? I for one am eager to see if Body Solid flag product lives up to the billing in this review, I’m sure you are too.
- chip and scratch resistant, powder coated, heavy steel frame
- industrial grade pulleys, bushes and bearings
- 160lb weight stack
- lat pulldown bar, short bar, ankle/ab crunch strap
- Durafirm covered, high density foam bench
- bench press for chest or back
- lat pulldown for back or triceps (back of arm)
- leg extension for quadriceps (front of thigh)
- standing, one legged leg curl for hamstrings (rear of thigh)
- low row for shoulders or back or arms or leg kicks (inner/outer thigh or butt)
- mid row for back or shoulders or arms or abs/hip flexors
HomeGymCritic’s Body Solid EXM-1500S Review
The EXM 1500S is definitely an impressive piece of machinery at first glance, the build quality is of a very high standard, you can see that right away with this home gym. There are several other options in terms of home gyms, all of which are in a similar mould as the bodysolid EXM-1500S, but were this gym stands apart is the simple yet genius idea of adding the low row off to the side of the machine rather than the front. You might say what’s the big deal about that, well for people struggling for space at home it makes a massive difference with the row off to the side. Not only that, it’s also a lot easier to see and adjust the weight stack when you’re exercising.
Another difference to other similar gyms is the fact that Body-Solid has added another cable attachment just above the bench for a mid-row. You can really attack your abs with this attachment, so hats off to Body Solid – you can never work those abs too much!
Full List of Specs
- User Capacity:1
- Dimensions:83″H x 49″L x 36″W
- Weight Stack:160 lbs.
- Chest Press:yes
- High Pulley:yes
- Low Pulley:yes
- Leg Extension:yes
- Leg Curl:yes
- Ab Crunch:yes
- Includes:Lat Bar, Low Row Bar, Utiltiy Strap and Workout Poster
One of the main downsides with this gym for me personally is the fact the weight stack only hits 160lb, for anyone who wants to lift heavier then you’ll be disappointed. However, the average person that’s 160 lb is more than enough. Other than that the gym is a quality piece of equipment that hits all your main muscle groups. It’s build quality is superb, as everything is with Body Solid. They clearly have faith in all their home gyms, which is why the Body Solid EXM 1500S is backed up with a warranty that lasts a lifetime!
If you want to find the cheapest prices online, the comparison table below is updated daily.