The Total Trainer DLX (which stands for Deluxe) from Bayou Fitness is the most affordable in its range of Total Trainer gyms. It competes directly with perhaps the more well-known Total Gym range. Minus Chuck Norris’s face on their product of course, the Bayou Total Trainer Dlx is definitely picking up some interest, but is it justified? Find out below in my Total Trainer dlx review.
- Comes ready assembled
- Weight plates can be added to slide board for added resistance
- Offers 60 exercises
- Works on muscle strength, cardio, flexibility and co-ordination
- Comfortable padding
- 385 lb max capacity weight
- 4 program cards with 14 customized workout programs
- Strength training DVD
- Wide glide board for extra comfort and stability
HomeGymCritic’s Total Trainer DLX Review
Whilst similar home gyms serve up just 6 levels of resistance, the Bayou Fitness Total Trainer dlx offers upto 10 resistance levels, which allows you to lift from 4% to 69% of your total body-weight, and even heavier if you add weight plates to the glide board.
The glide board has been given an upgrade from the older Total Trainer model, it now has a very comfy sounding 2″ of high density foam, which when compared to other brands (1″ to 1.5″) is pretty impressive. And yes, you can feel the difference! Massively in fact!
The Bayou site boasts over 60 exercises but most are the same with very slight variations. The real number is perhaps 30-40 different exercises, which is still very impressive for one peice of equipment.
The great feature with this gym is that the gym itself comes fully assembled, with just a few attachments needed for the different exercises. So no messing around, you can get started right away.
Full List of Specs
- Fully Assembled
- 10 Levels of Resistance
- 14″ x 42″ Glide Board
- Super Tuff TPU-90-AE Roller and Axle System
- Lift from 4% to 69% of Your Body Weight
- Embroidered Logo
- Deluxe 2″ Double Stitched Box Cushion
- Sit-up Cuff Strap
- Power Weight Bar for Adding Free Weights
- Pull-up Push-up Bar
- Heavy Duty Squat Board
- Independent Twin Handles
- Dual Leg Cuffs
- 3 & 4 Point Pulley System
- Dual Side Glide Board Pulleys
- Strength Training DVD
- Four Program Cards
- Instructional Manual and Guide
- Oversized Castors for Easy Transport
- Folds & Rolls for Easy Storage
- Future Upgrade Capability
- 385 lb. Maximum User Capacity
- Maximum User Height – 6′ 2″
- Shipping Weight – 93 lbs.
- Folded Footprint – 20″ x 14″ x 46″ in Height
- Open Footprint – 20″ x 86″ x 44″ in Height
- LIFETIME Roller, Rope and Pulley Warranty& 1 Year NO HASSLE Parts Warranty
Compared with other gyms in its niche, it really does stand out. With the option of added resistance, extra comfort, and affordability, the Total Trainer DLX does live up to its hype.
Please Note: The DLX III is now the latest model of its kind, the DLX is now out of production.